Read through the Job details and fill the application form below
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavor
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Coaches the sous chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative team
- Training in Culinary Arts,
- Physical Stamina,
- The chef should have knowledge of African, Oriental and Continental dishes.
- Able to prepare Salads, pastries, and the creation of healthy signature dishes.
- Has knowledge of Food costing, meal planning
- Food waste reduction skill is an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable at handling kitchen equipment
- Know how to store food at the right temperatures.
- Flexible Schedule,
- Strong Communication
- Organizational Skills
- Team Mentality
- Leadership Skills